1. Purchase & Delivery
Assuming you’ve extracted the files correctly, you should have a folder labeled with the name of the library. You can move this folder to the location of your choice. Open Kontakt, and then in the Files browser, navigate to the location where you moved the extracted library folder.
From here, simply browse inside the folder and load the instrument NKI of your choice. You might consider using Kontakt’s Quickload function for faster access – read more about it on our blog!
Native Instruments Official Guide on Adding Libraries to Kontakt Assuming you’ve downloaded and extracted the files, you should have a folder labeled with the name of the library. You can move this folder to the location of your choice. Open Kontakt, and then in the Libraries tab of the browser, select Manage Libraries. This will open Native Access. Enter your serial number, navigate to the extracted library folder when prompted, and select it – this should add it to your Libraries tab. (Note: If you get a “No Library Found” error, make sure you have selected the folder that contains subfolders like “Instruments” and “Samples”. If it still doesn’t work, it’s possible your download was corrupted – try re-downloading and extracting the files.) If you're using an older version of Kontakt with Service Center, you'll click a button that says "Add Library" instead. Navigate to the extracted folder and select it - this should add it to your Libraries tab. Once the library has appeared in the Libraries list, click Activate Product. This should launch the Service Center application provided by Native Instruments. Here, you’ll be prompted for a serial number that we sent via email. Enter it carefully to activate the product.
Otherwise... Whoops! Send us an email and we’ll issue you a serial number. Sorry about that.
Otherwise, if you get this error, make sure you’re selecting the folder that contains subfolders like “Instruments” and “Samples”. NOT a higher-level folder! If it still doesn’t work, it’s possible your download was corrupted – try re-downloading and extracting the files.
For more info, please see Native Instruments' guide on how to add libraries to Kontakt.
For more information on managing non-Kontakt Player libraries, please check out our Workflow Guide Part 1.
1. An error occurred during extraction of the files. Make sure you are using either WinRAR (PC) or Keka (Mac) for extraction, and that you are only extracting Part1 for each library.
2. Your downloads did not complete fully. Verify the size of your downloaded RAR files with the listed size of the files on the download page. If the sizes do not match, download the incomplete files again. In general for any multi-part product, ALL parts except the final part should be the exact same size.
3. System Requirements
That being said, some of our libraries – like Juggernaut – do come with WAV samples which can be used in a variety of other sampling tools. We also have a Reason ReFill bundle of instruments designed for Propellerhead Reason.
4. Shreddage Rock & Metal Instruments
Each guitar also has a tips section in the product manual. Be sure to read that, as well as watch any tutorial videos on the product page.
1. Add multiple instances of the guitar in Kontakt. For example, if you want to use double-tracking, add two instances.
2. Make sure all guitars are on the same MIDI channel, receiving the exact same MIDI Data.
3. Set a different multi-track guitar for each instance (for example, the first instance should only have guitar 1 selected, the second should only have guitar 2 selected) 4. Set each guitar to a different Kontakt output, which you can then mix and apply FX to in your host/DAW.
5. If you are quad-tracking, ensure that guitars 1 and 2 have “Anti-Repetition” turned OFF.
If you hear a “phasing” effect this may simply be natural phase cancellation occurring when two recordings of similar pitch are played together. You can mitigate this by panning the signals hard LEFT and RIGHT in your host mixer, then using a different amp/FX chain on each.
5. License Agreement
Please contact us for more information about multi-user licenses.
6. Business Matters
If you see our products being sold by ANY other merchant, they are not legitimate and likely selling pirated copies. Do not purchase from them and instead, please contact us to report it. Thank you!