bravura - noun / brə - vyoor - ə:
1. a musical passage requiring exceptional agility and technical skill in execution
2. a florid, brilliant style
3. a show of daring
When we ran across this rarely-used (and somewhat difficult to pronounce!) term we knew immediately it was the ideal title for our bold, new orchestral brass library. We started by taking a good look at other brass libraries and asked ourselves "what's missing and how can we take this to a new level?" With great care we set out to record gorgeous, "human" performances and to craft instantly gratifying yet deeply customizable instruments.
Not only is Bravura both agile and meticulously sampled, it also includes an extensive number of articulations and a versatile, scoring STUDIO sound. Bravura therefore provides the modern media/classical composer a complete suite of scoring brass instruments that can easily blend with other orchestral sample libraries.
After almost a year in production on two continents, we humbly and proudly present Bravura Scoring Brass!
Bravura Scoring Brass is available as a complete collection with all content and Kontakt Player compatibility, and can also be purchased a la carte. Each ensemble, section, and soloist is available separately, and in bundles.
Please note that the a la carte product versions require full Kontakt (not player). No-Risk Upgrades: If you buy any a la carte instrument or bundle, you can upgrade to larger bundles for the difference in price. For example, if you purchase the Solo Piccolo Trumpet for $39, you can upgrade to the Soloists bundle for $110 (instead of $149).
Chords & FX Info
Bravura Scoring Brass Chords & FX is a version of the full instrument featuring a selection of "instant gratification" patches from Bravura Scoring Brass Complete. It is NOT the full version of Bravura Scoring Brass, but it does contain some of the most useful patches for composers!
- Ensemble and Solo "Chord Maker" patches. Play single notes to create fully-voiced chords, with control over chord voicing, type and instrument spread
- Ensemble and Solo "Orchestrator" patches. As you play or sequence chords, these patches will intelligently assign each note to a different instrument, creating realistic voicings!
- Articulations: Sustain, staccato, tenuto, marcato
- All aleatoric FX patches: short figures, phrases, motifs, swells, and hits that are particularly ideal for scoring purposes.
To learn more, watch the "Chord Maker and Orchestrator" video!