In July 2016, Impact Soundworks sounded the call for composers, producers, and musicians to show us theirfinest original work using our Shreddage instruments. The competition was fierce with over 100 entries submitted, but in the end, FIVE artists were victorious, with two ties in the top 3! Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to EVERYONE who submitted music!
First Place: The Hamster Alliance – “Explosive Heat Death”
Second Place (TIE): Chase Leo – “The Intimate” and JP Linna – “Disgrace Me”
Third Place: (TIE) Syn Drone – “Cryogenics” and Christopher Baklid – “Hellfire”
The winners were selected, after intense deliberation and evaluation, by Andrew Aversa (ISW lead developer & creator of Shreddage), Dickie Chapin (ISW project manager), Wilbert Roget, II (ISW co-founder), Juan Medrano (performer of Shreddage 1 & 2), Matt Guillory (keyboardist & arranger for James LaBrie), Frank Klepacki (composer, Command & Conquer, Empire at War, Dune), and SeamlessR (bass master).
We invite you to submit an original song you’ve written using at least one Shreddage instrument as part of the production. Your song will be evaluated on its merits: writing, production, and creativity. Since you must use at least one virtual instrument from the Shreddage family, we place an extra emphasis on how well you use the samples (realistic sequencing, great mixing, etc.) when evaluating production.
Instrumental OR vocal tracks are OK! And while we do love rock & metal, the song can in fact be in any genre.
Once all entries are gathered by July 28th, 11:59PM EST, judging will begin. All entries will be evaluated privately by the Impact Soundworks team and special guest judges we’ve invited. On August 11th, we will announce the winners.
May the mighty, hardworking and talented prevail!
The grand prize winner will receive our entire catalog ($3,000+ MSRP), $300 ISW store credit toward future releases, and the Peavy ReValver 4 Producer Pack featuring dozens of incredible amp, cab and pedal models, PLUS any one u-he plugin of the winner’s choice!
u-he‘s plugin range includes some of the finest analog modeled synthesizers (Diva), brilliant modular and semi-modular synths (Zebra 2, Bazille, and ACE), creative FX (Uhbik bundle) and amazingly warm plugins capturing classic vintage gear (Presswerk and Satin).
The runner-up will receive $1,000 ISW store credit and the Peavy ReValver 4 Producer Pack.
The noble third place winner will receive $500 ISW store credit.
How to Submit
Send your entries (16bit / 44khz WAV or AIF please) via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 28th 2016, 11:59PM EST.
The Fine Print
- Limit one entry per person or solo act. Submitting one solo track + one track from a band/group is OK.
- Entries must be entirely original – please no arrangements, covers, or remixes, unless you wrote (and own the rights to) the source material.
- Entries must feature at least one Shreddage instrument: Shreddage 1, Shreddage 2, Shreddage 2 SRP, Shreddage 2 IBZ, Shreddage Drums, Shreddage Bass: Picked Edition, and Shreddage Bass 2 all qualify.
- You must own a valid license to at least one of the above Shreddage products to participate. If you do not legitimately own a license, your entry will be automatically disqualified.
- All entries MUST be submitted by July 28th, 2016 11:59 PM EST. Entries submitted after this date & time will not be accepted. We had to draw the cutoff sometime!
- By submitting an entry, you grant Impact Soundworks the limited, non-exclusive right to stream (via SoundCloud, website, or YouTube) your submitted song(s) and sound recording(s) for promotional purposes related to this contest, with full credit and attribution provided to you.
- Prizes have no cash value.