Impact Soundworks creates audio software designed with composers in mind: sample libraries, virtual instruments, and plugins. We’re as passionate about creating music tools as you are about making music!
What do we offer to our customers?
- Instruments built for composers, by composers: easy-to-use with lots of depth and control.
- Affordable pricing – we believe great music tools should be within everyone’s reach.
- Excellent, courteous support – 365 days a year. We’re here for you!
- Permanent access to all of your purchases. Re-download as many times as you need.
- Free updates, which often include new features, content, and engine overhauls.
- Exclusive crossgrade & upgrade discounts to new products as they are released.
- Academic discounts for students & teachers: K-12, universities, and private institutions.
- Generous license agreement: use our instruments for almost any purpose.
- No intrusive copy protection or DRM schemes – ever.
Our company was founded in 2008 by composers Andrew Aversa and Will Roget, II. At the time, there were several large virtual instrument companies, but few developers creating focused, affordable and flexible libraries featuring more unusual and unique sounds. We noticed plenty of in-depth orchestral sounds, but more unusual instruments were not sampled with much detail at all. Thus, our first two releases were “Impact: Steel”, a collection of found metal objects played as percussion, and “Sitar Nation”, a set of instruments from North India.
Since then, we’ve been working hard to address the needs of modern composers who require samples that are both deep, and easy-to-use. We’re proud to call thousands of musicians around the world our customers, and spend a great deal of time listening to their suggestions and requests. That’s how a number of our libraries started!